When Less Means More

It is only a few weeks before the annual arts festival here called SALA (South Australian Living Artists) which this year is on for the whole month of August.
I had already registered my own studio event to open each of the weekends and whilst away in England I was invited to join three other artists by a city hotel who are being part of SALA.
Art is on in hundreds of galleries, hotels, cafes, banks and business exhibiting more than 4000 artists. I know I have ample work to exhibit but we all know how much we like to showcase our latest and greatest. With this in mind I am working towards about 10 new pieces but have slowed my pace to consider each works progress and this has resulted in some pieces taking me two or three painting sessions to complete. This is quite different from the fast pace I normally work at but as I am stretching myself out of my comfort zone I am enjoying every brush stroke.

Stepping Out
on Saunders Waterford 300gsm Rough
Unframed size 40cm x 31cm


Comments

  1. Love this piece Lorraine! What a wonderful concept, and I predict it will be very popular. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great subject and painting, Lorraine. Wishing you lots of success on the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you handled this subject - what a great crop. Best of luck and success with the festival. Sure wish I could be there to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great piece and a sure success ! Best wishes with the exhibitions !

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best for your exhibition! You are off to an awesome start, love this piece!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.