Keeping it Loose

This is a thank you gift for my Auntie with whom I stayed whilst in England earlier this month. I have posted it off and hope she likes it when it gets there in a week or two. It was inspired from an image in a newspaper advertising a potted tulip Magnolia and picking up on how lovely she thought the plant was I knew this would be a great choice to paint. There is already a Poppy and Daisy work I painted about 4 years ago on her sitting room wall above the fire and whilst I can see that my work has matured I am pleased to say that my style of keeping it loose has remained.

Goblets in Pink
Unframed size 28.5cm x 38cm
Saunders Waterford Bright White Paper 425gsm


Comments

  1. I am sure she will treasure this just as she has your other paintings. Lovely job on the magnolia blossoms! They are among my favorites to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will be so delighted, Lorraine! Lovely and delicate, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, and I love the fresh clear blue sky peeping through

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful piece Lorraine! These tulip Magnolias are a favorite of mine too and I know your Aunt will be very pleased with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, fresh and light, I am sure your aunt will be delighted !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joan, Celia, Carol,Polly, Sherry and Jane for your comments I appreciate getting them as it makes all the difference rather than blogging into thin air. Now I am back into the swing of things I look forward to catching up with all your blogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this Magnolias are so fresh and full of light as the Spring itself !! What a lovely gift.

    Happy Sunday, Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These days, in a book of a watercolour painter, I found a quote by Einstein.
    "Genius is when an idea and its execution happen simultaneously"
    Watercolor painting loose and spontaneous let us feel this thrill ....
    Welcome back on blogland, dear Lorraine! Congratulations to you, for sensitive work on watercolor techniques and careful search of your own journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wonderful and love the colors used. Came over from Wash a Week blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Lorraine- such fun to look back on our older work and see how we have developed and grown. Your aunt will certainly enjoy this lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.