Key to the Cellar




Hard to believe that my Wine and Song series has made it to number 9. This latest work is on a stretched canvas 50cm x 50cm. It is an excellent quality triple gesso canvas that I had in the cupboard for the one day when I might paint with acrylics and as this has never happened I decided to use it for my watercolour and collage piece. I added a coat of Golden Absorbent ground before I started to make it receptive to water and pigment. Now its fully dry and photographed I will be adding the gloss varnish.
Wine and Song IX
Key to the Cellar

Mixe Media on Stretched Canvas
50cm x50cm

Comments

  1. I love enlarging this series. So much to see. Seeing what you have used and how. Keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lorraine! I especially like the key theme for this piece. Finally used your canvas and it turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not at all surprised. It's a great theme and the paintings are lovely. Keep them coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, Lorraine. Each one gets even better than last, as if that is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A complex work and very well managed. I think the whole series is now amazing to watch ! Bravo Lorraine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful addition to your series,Lorraine, you have all the reason to be proud of yourself! I love how each tells a story. I also find interesting how you always pursue different surfaces with watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats off to you Lorraine. Love the ephemera you have chosen to accompany your lovely artwork. Great series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the theme and love the pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - just another lovely piece in this series. Inspiration certainly is knocking at your door with lovely results. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your kind comments, this has been a fun series to do but I may just have to get on to something else just so I dont forget other learnt things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.