Action away from my Studio

I have not had in my mind a good studio week. Too many outside commitments like minding the gallery at Art@Goolwa which should be about once a month but I have done two this week and one earlier in the month. I love meeting visitors that come and to chat about the art they like but if I am there and it is too quiet I wish I was in my studio painting.
I have also been preparing our Caravan once again for the trip we leave on very early tomorrow morning. We are travelling to Orroroo about a 5 hour drive north from us where I will be taking a watercolour class on both Tuesday and Wednesday with Anita Bentley. I first met Anita about two and half years ago when I got back into painting and had a couple of lessons with her. Her work may well be too tidy for me as it is so very neat, but best of all so clean and fresh. I hope after the two days I will find out some special secrets that can magically transform my work. I have a very clear picture in my head of what I want to achieve but when it comes to producing it it is really not quite there yet. Oh well - a few thousand more hours with the brush in my hand is what is needed.
This trip also coincides with an exhibition in the Clare Valley ( 4 hours from home) by the South Australian Watercolour Society at Mt. Surmon Wines. I have two paintings in the show and we will be able to get to the opening on Sunday October 6th.
                       
                         Fragrant Quince

Good Hair Day

I have no new paintings from my studio this week (a couple in the bin though) but would like to show these 9 little 6" x 4" paintings I did a couple of weeks ago as a challenge to myself to try and paint small. My usual smallness is 11" x 15". I kept to using my normal size brushes though. I donated these little postcard size pieces to Running With Brushes which Vandy Massey an artist in England set up to fund raise for her chosen charity by having these little works matted for sale. Check it out and see some lovely little paintings from artists all over the world.


Comments

  1. Have a wonderful trip....her works looks great, not 'tidy' more of a very controlled looseness! Can't wait to see what you paint at the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maggie, you are right of course her work is very controlled. Wonder what will rub on to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lorraine. Your small works are all really lovely , how generous of you to donate them ! Have a nice trip , looking forward to seeing the results :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time at Anita's workshop. I've just had a look at her Facebook page and I can see why you're going to work with her. I look forward to reading all about it. I love the idea of packing all my art materials into a caravan and venturing off on painting adventures. How wonderful.

    Thank you for the mention for Running With Brushes. I am so grateful for the wonderful support the project has had from my artist friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will have a great workshop experience, Lorraine. What an accomplished artist Anita is. Enjoy your caravan trip, and wishing you much success at your show. Nothing like an art-centered trip. I love your small paintings - a lovely way to give!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine, you are so generous with the beautiful watercolors you are donating! Enjoy your workshop and exhibition. I look forward to hearing all the details on your return.
    Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great trip and a good class!!! I like the small pieces and it is great that you are donating them. Can't wait to see the work you do while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are keeping very busy. Enjoy the workshop. Love the quince watercolor. Semi abstract and nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorraine - hope you enjoy your trip and also the work shop. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorraine I hope your class was wonderful. And thanks for mentioning the Running with Brushes effort. Your pieces are really terrific. Have fun at your opening too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.