Better Be Tomorrow!

I thought I would post a couple of photographs to show what I have been up to since my last post.
I have painted, though not as much as usual and what I did paint has definitely been for the bin - yes -one of those weeks. My head has been full to the brim with ideas and subject matter but unfortunately my hand has not guided it onto the paper well enough. My photos show though that my time has not be entirely wasted as I have tidied up my studio work space, shifted the furniture around so I have the light source better,  framed some new paintings and hung them on the wall for future inspiration.
The window and walls have been cleaned from all the paint splatters and the room is organised and ready to mess up again.
My ordered copy of a new book by John  Lovett arrived called Textures, Techniques and Special Effects in Watercolor and I have read it cover to cover with much interest and I highly recommend it.

I sold my 1/4 sheet Zebra painting  from the current exhibition at Off the Slate Gallery in Willunga on the weekend (similar to the near full sheet size you can see on my studio wall) so not an entirely unhappy time but for me I do need a pleasing painting amongst the discards just to keep my spirits up - so better be tomorrow I say!



Comments

  1. Lorraine your studio and paintings look so fabulous. Thanks for the tip on John Lovett's book. I really like his art and him as a teacher. I've done one or two of his website tutorials. As to bad weeks, I think we all get them and it is a natural occurrance. We can't produce brilliant work all the time. Though unlike you who produces it regularly, once or twice would be nice for me... lol :-)
    That is one of the beauties of the internet we get support from our artist friends who are going through the same problems and joys at whatever level of skill. So thanks for your constant support too Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fantastic Laura to have this online support, the encouragement really helps wonder what art fellowship was like before the internet?

      Delete
  2. Lovely office, Lorraine! I admire your industriousness - I could get inspired. A big congratulations on the sale of your beautiful zebra - I know it made someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry, the couple who purchased the Zebra are having an African theme to a new home they are building

      Delete
  3. love that studio and the paintings look amazing framed - I really love your animal paintings you've been doing recently, sooo good! I've nominated your blog for an award, take a look at my last post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your encouragement Sharon and thank you for the blog award, I love your Pastel work this to me shows what a real artist you are that you can create so beautifully in other mediums

      Delete
  4. Pleased to have found your blog. Your art is a joy to look at.. and not to mention your studio, it's wonderful . BJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Barbra for your nice comments and for following my blog. I took a look at the watercolours on your website and you have such a lovely soft touch to your work. I look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine, what a nice space! Wish my painting area was so beautifully organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. guess with all your plein air painting Sherry you have lots of space and do not have to do the tidying. It is only a few days since my big clean up and I have already got mess back, and sadly not much to show for it.

      Delete
  7. Hello Lorraine:) Love the sight of your studio. I know how nice it is to see your own paintings on the wall. I've got exact the same (see photo's somewere on my blog). Every day I enter my studio it gives me a good feeling. I'm sure you have the same:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right - and a good feeling always helps the next painting. I tried to see you studio photos but did not find them

      Delete
    2. Hello Loraine:) It's a post from august 21 2011. It's page 39 of 41. Almost on the bottum of my blog you see the page numbers:)

      Delete
    3. Finally found it Renate and along the way had a look at lots of your previous paintings. I like what you achieve on Yupo, I have only experimented a few times but mean to find time to try more. Your area looks quite tidy too with your organized folders etc. Nice to see your framed pieces on the wall

      Delete
  8. I'm very envious of your having read John Lovett's book. I ordered it a month ago and it has gone missing in transit. It's so frustrating checking the post every day for it and having it not there. I'm itching to read it. Ah well, it will be a real treat when it finally gets here.

    Your gallery looks fabulous with all the paintings on the wall. I too find there are days when I just potter. I consider it good thinking time as I invariably get going eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.