Friend or Foe

Two paintings that fall into this catch phrase. 

Looking at Me




The friendly Alpaca amongst the sheep, there to ward off the foxes. 
We have lots of Alpacas not to far from us and Ian shot some great photos last week at Mt. Compass as we passed through on our way home. There are paddocks full in all colours so I had my choice of a model using his shots as my reference and painted this back in the studio. I hope to return there in the better weather and actually paint them en plein air. I intend on working on some more and my goal is to try and actually paint them in a much looser style.




Bloom or Not



The Arum Lily is a declared weed in some parts of the country but to flower lovers like me they are just another wonderful bloom to have in a vase and also for me a delight to paint. I struggle to leave flowers alone and work on other subjects but I feel lost if I don't have a flower painting on the go. Not sure I will ever get them out of my system as there are simply thousands and thousands of species to keep me going forever!